Campaign Monitor (2019) surveyed 1,000 small business owners about their marketing and email marketing was ranked as the second most effective medium for building brand awareness. Social media marketing was number one, with content marketing completing the top 3.
If you want to do email marketing right, you need:
- An email list of leads interested in what you have to offer
- A campaign goal, like boosting engagement or nurturing existing subscribers
- To know your target group; who are they, what are they interested in, how do they want to be talked to
- Attractive opt-ins, whether that’s an exit-intent pop-up or a lead magnet (or something else)
- A strategy, from email frequency to subjects
If you have this, it’s all about writing good emails, subjects and CTAs (Call To Actions), testing what you send out, and tracking the results so you can keep improving.
Let me support you, so you can focus on growing your business and producing results for your customers.Ok, let’s talk
How does it work?
This is what my process looks like:
- When we start work together, you’ll fill out a discovery document and we’ll discuss this in a discovery call. This way, I know about your business, goals, target group, tone of voice, and more before I start writing.
- Then you share your strategy with me, or we will create one together. We’ll create an idea bank with potential email subjects in a strategy session and plan out the content for the next quarter.
- From there, I will create the first draft for emails, or outlines for bigger projects like email sequences or lead magnets. There’s one round of feedback at this point in the process.
- I will complete your content after the outline/first draft is approved. Usually, only one revision round is needed to perfect the writing, but I offer two rounds—just to be sure.
- Your content is ready! Upload and share your lead magnet on your website or social media, upload your email onto your email marketing platform, or set up your sequence automation. I can also set up your email marketing automation for you or schedule your email (ActiveCampaign, Convertkit, etc.).
If you prefer to create your own emails but you’re looking for someone to proofread and edit your writing, I’m available too. I will edit your copy to make sure it’s clear and concise, easy to read, and in line with your email marketing goals.
What you’ll get
- Content tailored to your products, target audience, and objectives
- Conversational, easy-to-understand emails (or related content like lead magnets) that will engage your readers
- Fresh ideas for your email marketing strategy
- Clickable and actionable subject lines
- Email marketing platform upload/automation set-up, if requested
- Content that’s always on time
- Up to three revisions per deliverable (including your outline)
- Regular emails have a word count of 300 – 500 words, sequence emails can be up to 800 – 1000 words
What does it cost?
As you can see, there’s quite a lot of work that goes into the right email marketing campaign. How much exactly depends on the project, word count, complexity, research needed, and expected turnaround time.
- One-off emails start at €75 (ex. VAT for EU clients).
- Ongoing email marketing writing and strategy start at €250/month for 2 emails/month including a strategy and uploading/scheduling, based on a 3-month collaboration.
- 3-part sequences start at €325, including automation set-up.
- Lead magnet prices completely depend on the type. A one-page checklist is easier to create than a ten-page how-to guide. Contact me to discuss your needs.
- Have something else in mind? Packages can be customized to your specific needs.
Since I’m not an employee of yours, these rates* also include the benefits of:
- Not having me on your payroll
- Not having other overheads of an employee (like office space, a computer, software, accounts)
- Not providing me with employee benefits (pensions, sick days and holidays, and insurance)
*excluding 21% VAT for the EU